Have you ever had one of those days that everything just keeps going wrong...but at the end of the day you just have to laugh about it?! That was today...
Work started out to be crazy....as usual.... the phones were ringing like crazy, I had way too much to do and was getting nothing done... and then one of the guys came up to tell me I have a flat tire. I have never had a flat tire...what the heck? So I went to go check and sure enough, flat as a pancake sitting on the rim. I hadn't been at work too long and I'm POSITIVE it wasn't like that when I was driving to work. The guys in delivery were nice enough to put on my spare and I eventually was able to have one of the other girls follow me over to Discount Tire to drop off my car. I came back to work and of course was thrown back into the whirl wind that is event planning and before I knew it, it was almost 5...still didn't do 1/2 the stuff I needed to and no one had called me to tell me what was going on with my tire! I called the tire place fo them to tell me... there was no leak?!?!?! Long story...but apparently the little cap on the thing where you fill up the tire (can you tell I know a lot about cars???) which shows me if my tire is low on air....i guess it sometimes it cracks and lets air out.... hmmmm - seems suspicious...but I'll go with it. My saintly mother was nice enough to pick both me and my son up and take us over to the tire place to pick up my car. We got the car...no charge thank goodness. I finally get Ethan home and get him some sort of dinner and get him in the bath, even though it's only 6:30 ... maybe he will want to go to bed early :) - I can hope right???? So we are in the bath tub and Ethan gets the potty look ---- and all you mothers know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I ask him "do you have to go poopies?" he says "no mommy" and then bam.... takes a crap right there in the bath tub. I pulled him out of the tub and stood there comtemplating how long I could avoid cleaning this one up. I realized that wasn't going to be very long and so I went in. I was gagging because...it's disgusting and Ethan was laughing and copying me... REAL cute. I finally get the nastiness cleaned up and get Ethan ready for bed. He has been really refusing going to bed lately so it was kind of a chore, but I got him to lay down with his blankie. I get down stairs only to hear my brother scream "MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from upstairs and then next I hear Ethan start crying......... nice.... so by 9 pm I finally got Ethan to bed....an hour past his bed time. I then proceded to eat 2 bowls of Captain Crunch ... LOL ... Stressed much????
Wow...that was really long... but as I am writing this... I'm laughing at myself. Because it's funny...sucked at the time...but it's funny. Glad today is almost over ..........................



3 comments:
Hi!!! I am so happy that you found my blog. And thank you so much for the compliment. I really appreciate that. I am sure that you were lovely though. How is everything, and the precious tiny?
Ha! What a day, what a day. I know how you feel...weird about the tire leaking though. What?? How is everything going with the house?
you know you're a true mom when you can laugh at poop! :) bummer on the tire...I hate car problems. And congrats on your new place, hopefully it all works out for you! Your boy is so cute!!
Post a Comment